So we have begun the bucket list; on Saturday we went to Antelope Island and actually saw the Great Salt Lake. I was a little nervous at first, because after having a hard time finding it, there didn't seem to be as much wildlife as we expected. But don't worry, Antelope Island didn't disappoint. Here are some fun pictures of our experience. FYI: Anyone trying to go there should know, it's exit 332 off of I-15, then you go west 6 or 7 miles until you come to the entrance, and it's $9 per car to get in.

Claire riding on Wade's lap, don't worry it was only inside the park where the speed limit is like 15, looking for animals.

Holden
demanding more animals!

Or first animal sighting. Don't worry they get better.

The antelope were so docile that they would let you get really close to them. A little too close. Holden kept asking me to make him get up and run away. I tried I really tried, but even I had to admit it was getting a little too close. Those horns look sharp. Ouch!!

Our first buffalo sighting. We were all soo excited. Ok, Claire didn't really care, but Holden was through the moon.

More buffalo, by the time we left Wade wasn't even pulling the car over anymore. One bit of wildlife not represented here; Orb Spiders. Not to freak anyone out, but the island was covered in them. I think at one point we looked out across the brush and could count 7 or 8 HUGE spiders in a row. At our next visit I am planning on introducing the.......ok I can't come up with a name, but a big dang bird that eats spiders. Well antelope island thanks for the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment