Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tearin' it up @ Brighton

Ok, so my title might be a bit misleading. Instead maybe it should say, "getting my bum kicked @ Brighton." Either way you say it, my sister-in-law and I had a blast today when we hit the slopes for the first time of the season on our boards. Yeah, babies not withstanding I think we rocked it! It has been 5+ years since I have gone, and 2 years for her, and we did pretty darn good. We got way tired though, and had to take a few breaks. There was a minimum of falling so I call it a win. We went on the perfect day too; the snow was falling, the sun was out, and the powder was fresh and soft. (For when we did fall.) The only thing I think I would change is......stronger leg muscles. You guys know what I'm talking about. Well, wish for snow, and here's to moms who still board. Rock on!

My sis-in-law Megan.


Pre-workout.


This one is for Wade. You get it right honey?


Us on the peak.




There is nothing better than a nice warm meal after a long hard morning of boarding.
Ahh, food never tasted so good.

5 comments:

Jared said...

OK, now I am jealous! Except why board when you can ski? Everyone knows snowboarding is for those that can’t handle two skis.

jillpill said...

I am so jealous! What a perfect fun day! I haven't been on the slopes for about 5 years either. I'm afraid what my atrophied legs muscles wont do. I won't show Steve the pictures. I think he would literally drool.

jillpill said...

Hey...I just talked to Steve and he saw your husband today! NO FAIR. I never get to see you! I think his life is more fun than mine!

Beth said...

Allow me to revert to my Southern Cal roots and say, "Dude! You're awesome!"

Yay for you! xxx Aunt Beth

Weight Family said...

You rock! That is seriously awesome!