Friday, November 14, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth

I love Disneyland! I love the fun atmosphere, the different lands, each with their own authentic feel, the cheerful employees, the overwhelmed kids & parents, and I even love the kiddie rides. It totally brings back happy memories from when I was a kid. I was a little nervous that Holden might be too young to enjoy the full effect Disneyland had to offer, but I guess I underestimated him. As soon as we stepped through the gates Holden was in heaven, and like cheesy parents, Wade & I were sublimely happy to see Holden so excited. When he met the Disney characters it was like he was meeting his old friends for the first time, he was so cute. And every time we would finish a ride he would tell us that he didn't even get a little bit scared. We all had a blast and I only wish we lived closer so we could all go more often.

Holden's best friend Mickey Mouse.

Mickey caught up with Claire on our second day and made sure she got some attention too
with a big smooch.

Yep, we double strollered it. At first we weren't sure that was the right way to go, but looking back it worked out perfectly.


Holden was a crazy driver.


This was Holden's, and therefore our, favorite ride. We probably rode on it 7 or 8 times. There was never a line, and any ride where you get to shoot a laser gun is sure to be a big hit with the kiddies.


Holden & Wade enjoying the carousel.


Wade said that blogs that don't have any pictures of you are lame. So... this one's for you Wade.
Also, Claire was my little ride buddy the whole time. She was pretty fun to be with.


Unfortunately, we also spent a little bit of time on our trip like this. Sometimes I think all the excitement was just too much for the littl guy. I can't wait to go back.

9 comments:

Weight Family said...

Sarah! We need to go there together! I loved it too! Was Holden's favorite ride Midway Mania or AstroBlasters? How crowded was it? I need all the details, we need to go back!

bladenfamily said...

How fun! It looks like you had a great trip! We also had a great time when we went in April. I want to go with you and Kira.

Jared said...

Looks like such a fun family vacation! You guys are so cute!

Kendra Meyers said...

I am so jealous, I fully planned a trip to Disneyland for our family, but we ended up not going through with it. Sigh, it looks like you guys had so much fun. Disneyland is such a magical place.

jillpill said...

So so so jealous! Love your pictures! Steve is a little anti Disney (I say anti American!), so I don't know if I will ever get to go with him. I'll have to go by myself! Thanks for the fun pictures...I will live vicariously through you!

susan said...

Truly the happiest place on earth!

That Claire is so cute, I wish I could give her a good squeeze!!

Emily said...

Looks like a great vacation Sarah! I'm so glad you all had fun.
PS- The picture of you and Claire is adorable, but the guy behind you two looks pretty scary... Maybe he just wasn't enjoying the ride much. :)

jillalicia said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! But I'm glad you guys are back!

Traciannee said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. It is the Happiest Place on Earth! Darling pictures of all of you too!