
When Holden was born he didn't sleep very much like most babies do, but he was very alert. As soon as he could see a little farther he noticed everything, and it wasn't long before that index finger became a huge part of our lives. He pointed at everything wanting to know what it was. Holden was also not lacking the chub department. He had a LOT of it, and we all thought it was super cute. My favorite thing about him when he was little was that he was such a little cuddler. He endured a lot of hugging and kissing from me.

When Holden turned 1 I started complaining about the "sass" it was his way of finally showing us that he was a little person with preferences too. He loved to be outside, and once he was able, to run around. He also loved playing with toys, but not the expensive kind we bought from the store, no he like household things. His favorite things were boxes, peanuts that came in the boxes, and the bottom drawer of the kitchen. I finally gave in, and let him unpack it 2-3 times a day.

At 2 years old Holden finally noticed and enjoyed playing with friends. he became a very social kid almost over night. He like trucks, going to Grandpa's farm, and construction equipment, but he especially liked dirt, dirt and water. Those two things entertained him all through the spring, summer, and fall of his 3rd year.
Now he is 3 and he is becoming much easier to play with and easy to enjoy. He loves role playing and beating imaginary things up. (Sometimes he like beating me up! Yikes) He loves playing with his friends and asks for them multiple times a day. Holden is a good big brother and he pretends not to like Claire, but when nobody is watching he is very sweet, and when people joke about taking her home he gets really upset. He is a great kid and I know that my life would be much sadder without him. Thanks for being the boy you are Holden, we love you.

6 comments:
What a cute post! Holden is such a beautiful boy, his birthday party was so much fun! Cam asks everyday where Holden is.
He is such a cute. I bet Ian and him would get along great. Happy birthday Holden!
Happy Birthday Holden! What great pictues!
I can't believe he is three. Time flies so fast. We cant wait to see you guys again.
We need to get together sometime before Claire turns three :).
ok - I'm not a stalker, but I don't have the old ward directory (well, I do, but it's still packed in a box somehere - whole other story). Anyway, ran into Brynn and got here to your blog from her blog. CALL me. I'm sure you don't the boxes anymore, but I'd love to get together with the kids. How are you doing on Biggest Loser? I'm sure I win the biggest gainer award by now. Cynthia
Oh - Happy belated Bday Holden. Finn shoots some spiderwebs your way!
Post a Comment