Sunday, October 19, 2008
Close Call: the van that was no more....
So on Saturday our poor family got into our first, and hopefully last, ever, car accident. Even though it wasn't my fault I feel so bad about it, because I am usually so very careful when I drive. However, it was around lunch time and Wade got me all excited about Millie's', (a local burger joint,) fried zucchini. So we called in for a large order of pipping hot grease and we left the park where we had all been playing. It was a beautiful clear day, I was heading south on 1000 East, and my mouth was watering just thinking about that yummy lunch I was seconds away from getting, when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw a Jeep coming towards my passenger side soooo fast. So I slammed on my breaks and tried to turn to the left, (away from the Jeep shaped missile,) but it was just too late. It was a noise I will never forget. YIKES! The worst part was both of the kids were in the car, so when the cars finally came to a stop my little ones were hysterical. I got out and checked on them quickly and then checked on the people in the other car and then called the police. For the most part everyone was fine. We were all so lucky. But their car is totaled for sure and ours......well we shall see. Poor Wade got it right in the door. His right side is all sore and bruised, and for some reason so is mine, but miraculously both of the kids came out of it without a scratch. So I guess what happened is the man in the other car was with his girlfriend, and she was feeding him off of a plate that she was holding. He was looking at his food and didn't see the yield sign so he never even hit his breaks. In addition to that, she told the police officer he was going like 40-45 miles an hour. Whew! Thank heavens for good American craftsmanship, from the inside you could barely tell we were in an accident. A funny part of our experience was that Holden thought it was the best day ever. He got so excited and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Daddy look firetrucks!" The later, "Yea! Police Cars!" And finally, "Tow trucks!" He had a great time. What a brave little boy. Claire smiled her head off through the whole thing and everyone who came out to see it just smiled and smiled at her. Then some nice neighbor lady brought Holden out a stuffed bear. Man, I guess all you need to do to entertain your kids is get in a car accident. (Although I wouldn't recommend it.) Below you will find a diagram I put together to give you and idea of how it was, (except for the compass is upside down.) Well, we hope you are all doing well and not getting into car accidents. Good luck and safe driving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I am so so so so sorry you had to go through this and am so so so so happy you are all alright! ( so sorry about all the so's) I HATE car accidents and have been in too may myself. Way to go Holden on looking at the bright side of things...cool cars and tow trucks! I'll try to remember that if I am ever in this situation again. I'll also remember that eating in the car is not a bright idea! Knowing that you are all fine (thank goodness), here are some questions. Did you get your fried Zucchini? Are you going to post pictures of the wrecked van? Do you get to buy a new van?
I am glad that everyone is alright. There is nothing worse than having your kids and husband in a car accident. I hope you aren't too sore today. We miss you and the guys need a man date. Let's work on that.
Let me know if that lame insurance lady gets her act together! Love ya!
I'm glad you are all OK!! What a crazy scary experience! I hope you never go through it again either! Hope all is well!!
What the heck?!!! Sara, you have a blog and you didn't tell me? I'm so sad I haven't known about your blog until tonight. I read a comment you left on Marcie's and found your blog from there. Well, I'm excited to be able to see what you guys are up to now. I'm going to link to your blog if you don't mind and I'll send you an invite to view mine since it's private if you want to look at it.
Oh, so sorry about your accident. Yikes, I'm glad everyone's OK though.
Scary! But glad everyone's okay!!
Oh no! The van is gone?!?! What a shame...
I'm so glad to hear that you are all safe.
I am sorry to hear what happened. I can't imagine how scary that must have been with your kids. I am glad to hear that you are all okay.
I am sorry to hear what happened. I can't imagine how scary that must have been with your kids. I am glad to hear that you are all okay.
glad you guys are okay!!
Post a Comment