Monday, July 4, 2011

America the Beautiful!

Who else LOVES the 4th of July? Aside from the sweltering heat, I love everything about this day! I love the parades, the food, the fireworks, and the feelings of patriotism that stir in our hearts especially on this day. My kids are finally getting old enough to enjoy all of the festivities, and each year it gets more and more fun. We started out our day early with a parade down-town, followed by a breakfast, and games/rides/activities in the park. Then after naps, (whew! I don't know who needed it more, me or the kids,) we went over to our new friends house and had a good 'ol fashioned 4th of July Bar-b-que. We finished up with some simple but exciting, especially to the kids, fireworks. Here is a little visual documentation of our holiday.




The kids were super excited about the parade. Claire is funny about loud noises though
so she spent most of the time with her ears plugged.



Nice. This is how Paige spent most of the time. I'm glad
I know a good dentist.



Just a little sparkler fun. An artist, I am not.













Clairesie, again with the ears....


Well that was pretty much the extent of our day, but before I go I wanted to leave you with an inspirational thought for this inspirational day:

“What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? … A patriotism that puts country ahead of self; a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime." - Dallin H. Oaks

3 comments:

jillpill said...

Yipee! You are blogging again! I can't believe how big your kids are. They are all beautiful, but I wouldn't have expected anything less. Keep up the posts...now if only you could bring me one of those orange chocolate molten cake things. Now that would be awesome!

matt and brynnzie said...

It's fun to see all the fun things that you and your family is doing!! We miss your family and hope all is well. Matt misses the days of the man date. Every now and then he mentions you guys and how fun you were to hang out with. I try to remind him that you haven't died, just moved . . .far . . .far. . . away.

Kacy said...

Cousin!! Your kids are sooo big and adorable! It has been WAY too long!