Friday, January 16, 2009

Claire Bear

I can't believe my little Claire is 1! Claire's birthday was a LOT of fun. We started out the day with some singing and presents. Claire didn't get the "opening" part of the presents, but she sure got the "play with the presents" part of the presents. Then we went to play group. If you remember my previous post on our playgroup, you'll remember that I love it! I love the girls that are in it with me and I love all of their kids. We all got together at my friend Jill's house and we made food out of the Deceptively Delicious cookbook. By the way Jill, your Chicken Fingers kicked! My Pink Pancakes however, were pretty trash worthy. Beets Yuck! (Thank heavens my kids can't read.) Then that night we partied down. Nothing says a one year old birthday like buffalo wings. For those of you who have tasted Wade's delicious ribs, now he has perfected another meat dish. Claire loved the wings, went crazy with her cake, and played with all of her presents. It was a great night. Happy Birthday Baby Claire!



Claire's 2nd baby in just as many months.





Pink Pancakes, more like Hot Pink Pancakes! I mean..Beets, Yum!



Enjoying some hot wings. Also for those of you who know them, this is Colin Slaters' first appearence on my blog. Looks like Mike huh?


Our little Claire Bear, the sweetest, cuddliest, nicest baby in the whole wide world. Hey, someone had to say it. ;)

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! I can't believe she's one!! She is such a cutie! And it looks like she had a wonderful day! Hope all is well with you guys!!

bladenfamily said...

That cake picture is priceless! What a doll!

jillpill said...

I wish my kids would have eaten their cake like that! No fair! I'm glad you had a great time! We are missing Wade's meat dishes. I think we might have to make ribs in his honor later this week!

susan said...

Happy Birthday Claire!! She is so cute and looks so sweet. I love that she dove into her cake without reservation...my kinda girl!

Did Mike and Stephanie have their second kid?

Weight Family said...

So cute! She totally looks like Wade in the pic with cake all over her face!

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Your wish is my command cousin! Happy birthday Claire!

Traciannee said...

Oh my goodness! That is about the cutest messes face I have ever seen. Glad you had such a wonderful birthday party. We miss you at preschool so we need to get together.

Lindsay Coudron said...

I can't believe she is one and I have never even met her:( So I have no idea where we are going to live--maybe you can give me a couple of ideas:) I hope you are not too far cause I want to see you sooo bad!!!!!

H-Talbot said...

LOVE the cake picture! I look that same way after I enjoy a piece, just ask Greg ;)

Trevor and Alissa said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I heard about Wade's ribs though I never got the opportunity to try them out. I bet the wings are just as good. We just found out that we matched to VA. We are so excited!!!! We'll have to hang out when we get into town.

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

We need a new post!!!