Wade was so excited when, for his birthday last week, he got Guitar Hero. Since then he has had a number of late night jam sessions with friends and Brad our brother-in-law. They are getting quite good. Our nights have become very predictable, and I am getting a good education on metal bands. I was especially impressed when I came home from mutual one night and Wade was rocking out with Claire. I asked him how he could play Guitar Hero and take care of her at the same time. He said, "It's easy, you just bounce Claire in the bouncy seat with your foot while you keep the beat." Rock on Wade, rock on!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
My (guitar) Hero
Wade was so excited when, for his birthday last week, he got Guitar Hero. Since then he has had a number of late night jam sessions with friends and Brad our brother-in-law. They are getting quite good. Our nights have become very predictable, and I am getting a good education on metal bands. I was especially impressed when I came home from mutual one night and Wade was rocking out with Claire. I asked him how he could play Guitar Hero and take care of her at the same time. He said, "It's easy, you just bounce Claire in the bouncy seat with your foot while you keep the beat." Rock on Wade, rock on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I found your cute blog. I love you little Claire. What a doll! You have such a cute family!! We love guitar hero as well...
Hi, sweetie. I thought you'd be amused to know that I have a Guitar Hero here, only he plays the real thing. We have acoustic guitars and electric guitars and even a small "travel" guitar on stands throughout the house, so one is available whenever the mood strikes. The best part is that two of the dogs, Nicky and Mavis, are also very "musical", and love to sing along.
It will be interesting to see how this early exposure to guitar playing affects Holden and Claire. (I don't suppose they'll throw back their heads and howl, like Johnny's fans do.)
I love your stories. Keep 'em coming, please!
xxx Aunt Beth
Ahhh! It's Jill Dixon! I found your blog! Holy cow I miss being your neighbor! Holden is so grown up and congratulations on Claire! Life has changed so much. You look darling as always! Loved the Cake post. I want some of your cake!-- especially the chocolate lava cake with the "special" orange ingredient! I'm going to have to check your blog often to keep up!
You guys Rock! I love guitar hero. Whenever we get together with Mike Eggett, and Freddy Uribe, all we do is play guitar hero or Rock Band. Rock band has a drum set which Freddy managed to break when we got too much into a song one night. I also play guitar hero with my brothers in law in Utah when we are visiting. It was nice to see your blog. Holden is getting bigger and Claire is so cute!
We are excited to only have one more year left of dental school. Then Jonathan and I will be fighting for a spot at that VA residency in Utah or even better we could both get in.
Post a Comment